Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
JMB JMB is offline

Default "Cannot shift objects off sheet" - what?

I usually get that message when there is data in the last row/column and I
try to insert a row/column.

Perhaps verify where your data actually ends and reset the used range.
http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused

"Tinde" wrote:

Hi,

I have quite a big file (several linked worksheets and charts). I have used
group function earlier and grouping has worked fine. Now when I try to open
or close group, I get message "Cannot shift objects off sheet". Usually
nothing happens, but sometimes it works.

I have ungrouped and regrouped. I have saved file as other file. No help. I
can't start from scratch.

Pls advise.