Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
James James is offline

Default New to Pivot Tables

I need to create a pivot table for my managers so they can see the
productivity of our call center.

If someone can help me organize the pivot table OR my data so that my pivot
table comes out as I envision it, I would much appreciate it.

First the data (Columns of the data, per agent)
Name Group Feb27Total Feb 27HrTotal Feb27AM Feb27PM Feb27OT
Feb28Total Feb 28HrTotal Feb28AM Feb28PM Feb28OT (etc. thru Mar6th)

I want my pivot table to be able to sort by agent's group (Page), name
(row), and also give all the date for each date. This is where I get mixed
up. I can do the pivot with one set of data if it is laid out this way:

J. Doe Feb27Total 10
Feb 27HrTotal 09:01:33
Feb27AM 2
Feb27PM 3
Feb27OT 2

But I want something more like this with all the dates in separate columns.

Group #1

J. Doe Feb27Total 10 Feb28Total 6 etc. ==
Feb 27HrTotal 9:01:33 Feb28HrTotal 9:08:44
Feb27AM 2 Feb28AM 1
Feb27PM 3 Feb28PM 1
Feb27OT 2 Feb28OT 3

M. Smith Feb27Total 18 Feb28Total 12 etc. ==
Feb 27HrTotal 9:21:53 Feb28HrTotal 9:05:42
Feb27AM 5 Feb28AM 8
Feb27PM 8 Feb28PM 1
Feb27OT 1 Feb28OT 3

etc...

How do I do that, or can I put multiple pivot tables on one sheet and have
the "group" function govern all data?

Thanks--
James