Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Can you protect the font in a cell?

You can protect the worksheet, and allow users to edit those cells, but
not format them:

Select the cells in which users can enter data
Choose FormatCells
On the Protection tab, remove the check mark from Locked, then click OK
Choose ToolstProtectionProtect Sheet
Select the options you want, and remove the check mark from Format cells.
Click OK

Linds wrote:
I want to make sure that whatever is insterted into a certain cell on a
reservation form I have created, stays in bold and stays on the left side of
the cell. Is there a way to "protect" that font and the cell, but still
allow others to enter data with out some password? Thanks.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures