Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
skrappySenior skrappySenior is offline

Default Excel 2007 - cursor down & left after entry - How?

Thank you for your response but my Excel 2007 is not doing that - it is only
going down 1 cell - it is not returning to the original column - so if I am
in column H (as in your example - when I hit return it goes to H2

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Select A1 then Tab your way across row 1 as you enter data.

When you reach say, column H, hit the ENTER key to go to A2.

This method will always return you to the original column(any column) you
started in and one row down.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 07:00:01 -0700, skrappySenior
wrote:

How can I get the cursor to go down one line AND return to its original
column position after data entry?

I finally found the options and the selection is "Down" after entry.
However, it will not return back to the first column where I started.

I guess I am old, but the new 2007 is too....too much icons for me....