excel_user123456

Default How can deleted data reappear in a refreshed pivot table in Excel

I am using Excel 2003. I have a worksheet full of data and built a pivot
table on another sheet (within the existing datasheet). Nothing too
complicated.

I updated my data by pasting new data over the top of the old data and
updated my pivot table.

The problem is that in the pivot table one of the fields still allows me to
select on data that no longer exists in the data. More specifically, I have
a column in the base data entitled "Vendors" and have approximately 20
different vendors that appear throughout the data. When I update my pivot
table, in the vendor selection list I have the current 20 vendors....fine.
However, I also have approximately 5 other vendors that were listed in old
data that are not in the current data.

How do I prevent the old data from appearing in the updated pivot table?