CyberTaz

The reason is that the field you are trying to use is not logically
appropriate for the Page aspect of the feature. Not being familiar with your
data I can't even guess as to why it isn't appropriate, but that is the
typical reason.

You might re-examine the layout of your data table and the design approach
to your Pivot table.

Hope this is useful |:)

"KimboR" wrote:

When I try to drag a particular field into the Page area, Excel tells me that
"the field you are moving cannot be placed into that Pivot Table area". The
data in the column concerned is text, so I can't understand it's not allowing
me to place it there. I've looked at the field settings and there doens't
appear to be anyhthing untoward there. The message box is next to useless at
explaining why I can't drag it into the page area (but I can drag it to the
Row or Column area)- does anyone have an explanation?