Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
sherobot sherobot is offline

Default Please help! pivot tables

Oh my gosh..so simple...thank you Ed you're a genius!!!

"Ed Ferrero" wrote:

Hi sherobot,

Place salesperson in the row area, sales in the data area.

Right click on the salesperson heading, click on Field Settings - Advanced,
Sort Descending using field Sum of Sales.

Now select the first ten salespersons, right-click and select Group.
Select all other salespersons, right-click and select Group.

Right-click the Group heading, click on Field Settings, make sure the
subtotals are set on Automatic.

Note that you can select the group names (Group 1, Group 2) and enter a more
meaningful name in the cell.

Ed Ferrero
http://www.edferrero.com

I can't seem to get an answer. I think it must be very simple, but i don't
know it.
I have a list of salepeople...200. I need to show the top ten plus the
grand
total and then I need to show the rest of 190 salespeople and their totals
all in then same pivot table. Please help!... or let me know if it's not
possible.
Thanks.