Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Red Kite Red Kite is offline

Default Excel/Windows cannot find the file I clicked on to open it

After Hibernation and Resume the original problem returned; click on XLS file
gets cannot find. But now, after opening Excel and forcing it to the file,
which opens correctly, Excel WILL now find other files when clicked, even in
differing places, even when Excel is not running.
This gets more confusing. It does not happen with Word2003 or Excel2002.
--
Red Kite Cymru

"Red Kite" wrote:

I looked there and that IS not checked.
I played with the 'Service options' there and unchecked the online access to
Office Online as being unwanted for me, and Excel opens a clicked file
correctly. However I set those boxes back on and it still works OK.
Confusing!
I'll see what happens after the next reboot.
--
Red Kite Cymru

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Try making sure that ignore other application is clear (NOT checked ) in

Tools Options General
--
Gary''s Student
gsnu200712