Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.links,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Doctorjones_md Doctorjones_md is offline

Default Enable Command Button base on UserName

I have a Command Button on a worksheet that I only want to display if a
specified User Opens the workbook.

I have the following code:

(in a UserName module)
=================
' By Chris Rae, 14/6/99, 3/9/00.
Option Explicit
' This is used by GetUserName() to find the current user's
' name from the API
Declare Function Get_User_Name Lib "advapi32.dll" Alias _
"GetUserNameA" (ByVal lpBuffer As String, _
nSize As Long) As Long
Function GetUserName() As String
Dim lpBuff As String * 25
Dim txtName As String

Get_User_Name lpBuff, 25
GetUserName = Left(lpBuff, InStr(lpBuff, Chr(0)) - 1)
txtName = lpBuff
MsgBox ("Welcome to the NEW Pricing Tool " & (lpBuff)), vbOKOnly

End Function

How would I modify the code to enable the cmdQC button? I was thinking
something like the following ...

(In the code for the worksheet)
Sub Auto_Open()
GetUserName
If lpBuff = 'Person's UserName' then cmdQC.visible.True

End Sub

Many thanks (in advance) for your assistance.

Shane