Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default Which is faster sum(if) as an array or sumproduct?

For what it's worth I just built a spreadsheet with 70,000 dependencies, all
of which are SUMPRODUCT functions summarizing a large table of data in
various ways. It recalculates instantly, and this is one a machine running
XL 2000 with 256mb of RAM.

So it seems a safe bet that with your configuration SUMPRODUCT would also be
quick.

Dave

"Neophyte" wrote:

I finally got my sum(if) based on more than one condition to work but it
takes my 1.8 Ghz chip 7 or 10 minutes to calculate the workbook with the
array formulas in 2003 Excel. Is Sumproduct any faster or do I just need to
use the free time to do something else?
Thanks,
Lee