Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Need VBA Code to Let User Define Active Sheet

Maybe you could just use something like:

dim myCell as range
set mycell = nothing
on error resume next
set mycell = application.inputbox(Prompt:="pick a cell on any worksheet", _
type:=8)
on error goto 0
if mycell is nothing then
'user hit cancel
exit sub
end if

msgbox mycell.address _
& vblf & mycell.parent.name _
& vblf & mycell.parent.parent.name

====
Tell them to use Window to get to the other workbooks.

=========
Alternatively, you could create a userform that has a combobox that displays all
the open workbooks and let them choose from one of them.

Look at Chip Pearson's site:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm
and look for the Compare utility that Bill Manville and Myrna Larson wrote.

You may be able to borrow lots of code from that.

zulfer7 wrote:

I have a macro that currently pops up a windows explorer box to allow the
user to find an excel spreadsheet to run the macro on. I would like to
change the macro to allow the user to select a currently open active excel
spread sheet on their desktop instead. Any Ideas?

--

Dave Peterson