Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default restoring default fill colors, & saving with a custom color scheme

The color schemes live in the workbook and they're not tied back to any other
workbook--not the book.xlt or sheet.xlt template files.

And those color schemes should travel with the workbook no matter who opens it.

Any chance that they've been screwing around with the windows colors (not
excel)?

WiFiMike2006 wrote:

Hello,

First Question: Is there some way to restore the default Excel color
palette? I have changed some of the default fill colors in the palette in
Excel 2003. I tried clicking "reset" in tools options color, but it
doesn't work because [i think] it is just resetting them to the colors in the
default "book" and "sheet" .xls files that I have saved as my templates.

Second Question: Is there some way to save my color palette on a workbook so
that when I send it to another user they see everything colored the way it is
on my screen, instead of using their color scheme?

THANK YOU!!!

Mike

--

Dave Peterson