Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nigel Nigel is offline

Default I can't right click cells in the spreadsheet and I don't know

This is an easy solution

go to the essbase menu and select options

go to the global tab and deselect enable Secondary Button and enable Double
clicking

select OK

Essbase Hijacks those function, to reset it for essbase user do the opposite
of above,

you can also contact me at and I wil send you an add-in
that will place a button on your toolbar that will allow you to switch
between excel and essbase mode without having to go thru the options

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Sally

I think you are able to right-click in your sheet.

Now the question is..........what does or does not occur when you right-click?

No menu drops down? See below to reset.

A menu drops down but options are grayed out?

Maybe the sheet is protected.

Can you access the commands from the Edit menu?

If no menu appears with a right-click you shoud try re-setting the r-click.

Hit ALT + F11 to go to the VBEditor.

Then ViewImmediate Window.

Copy/paste this line into the window and hit <enter

Application.CommandBars("Cell").Reset

OR copy/paste this sub to a module and run it.

Sub reset()
Application.CommandBars("Cell").Reset
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 9 Feb 2007 07:21:02 -0800, Sally84
wrote:

I am unable to right-click in my spreadsheets (to access the copy, paste,
format options), and it is driving me crazy! Help!