Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
challa prabhu challa prabhu is offline

Default Drop-Downs - Display another value

Hi,

Follow this URL " Excel -- Data Validation -- Create Dependent Lists"

Challa Prabhu

"Send Object Command - Two attachments" wrote:

I am using Data Validation for a drop-down and I would like to use it in such
a way that when a user clicks on the drop-down, and selects a value, another
value is displayed. Perhaps I can use an If or Vlookup statement for this,
but I do not know how to do this. I have the data I need in two
columns...for example:
Column A Column B
Mike 115487
Dennis 554442

So, in the drop-down, Mike would be visible, but after the user selects Mike
the value 115487 is displayed. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.