Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Philip Philip is offline

Default Excel 2007 to Web

I am trying to create a web page from an excel 2007 workbook. When I save it
to .html or .mht format it won't open in a web browser. Also, I am not able
to publish it directly.

It is a fairly complicated workbook (accesses a data source, has a chart,
drop downs, etc.). Is this even possible. From all my searching on the
internet it seems that I need 3rd party software to convert this directly
into some dynamic web page. Also, it seems SharePoint 07 would do it, but we
only WSS here at work.

I just wanted to explore all my options before I go back to my boss and tell
him the big fancy workbook he's been working on all week will have to just be
rewritten by me as a web application.

I hope I don't have to do that...