Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BoniM BoniM is offline

Default Subtracting Dates

You don't need to covert the dates, might make it a little hard to read? You
just need to convert the answer. Enter in cell and format:
3/20/2007 3/25/2007 =A2-B2
Date, Date, Number format

would show:
3/20/2007 3/25/2007 -5.00

"jaxstraww" wrote:

I figured it out. Convert dates to number and subtract.

"jaxstraww" wrote:

Can excel subtract dates? I have projects and they have due dates. I want to
find all the items 180 days past due. Can this be set up. Project number
would be in column one followed by due date in column two. I would like to
add a third column that would list the days to/from today's date. Say the
project wasn't due. It would show in the plus.

Thanks.