Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Saving a pre-determined range of cells as text?

You could use a macro and write code and have complete control over what you
write.

Here are three sites that you could steal some code from:

Earl Kiosterud's Text Write program:
www.smokeylake.com/excel
(or directly: http://www.smokeylake.com/excel/text_write_program.htm)

Chip Pearson's:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm

J.E. McGimpsey's:
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html

==============
Take a look at Earl's program. It may do what you want.

wrote:

I'm using Excel to generate long scripts for other programs to read.
Typically in the 2000-3000 line range.
I'm tired of having to select the cells, copy, paste to notepad, save
as, etc...

Is there a way to just press a button or better yet, every time I
change a cell and it recalculates the script, it just saves it to a
text file in 8 bit ascii?

--

Dave Peterson