Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
macropod macropod is offline

Default Using a single cell value to repopulate multiple cells

Hi,

Linking to an external workbook using the INDIRECT function is quite feasible. The main problem you'll have with the INDIRECT
function (an a number of others too), however, is that it will only work correctly if the source workbook is open - otherwise it
returns an error condition.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

wrote in message oups.com...

For instance, on my current worksheet I want cell D7 to display the
value of Row 1 Column 2 of the worksheet "TEST" found in any of the
workbooks I put into cell B7.

Pardon, that should read Row 2, Column 1 if I'm talking about $A$2
further down in the post!