Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default How do I stop totals showing from a copied formula?

You're welcome ... And thank you for the feed-back.

RD

"Gossipsfrolick" wrote in message
Thank you. It worked!

Gillian

"Ragdyer" wrote in message
One way:

=IF(AND(C6="",D6=""),"",C6+D6+E5)

--
HTH,

RD

-
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

!

-
"Gossipsfrolick" wrote in message
I've created a simple spreadsheet for a friend on which to do her home
accounts. I want to make it as automated as possible while keeping it

simple
to add entries.

The columns on which calculations will be based are headed:

C D E
Withdrawal Paid In Balance

Entries into the Withdrawal column will be made as a negative number.
I've
created a formula whereby a new balance is created by adding the values
in

and D to the balance in column E from the previous row. e.g.

=(E5+C6+D6).

My problem is this. So far I have data and values inserted in rows 4 to
11
and have copied the formula down the cells in column E. Once I copy it
beyond the rows with information, it continues to show the same value

as
that in cell E11. Is there anyway in which these values can be hidden

until
they are the result of calculations from each row? Sorry if that's not
explained very well. It's difficult to do it succintly.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Gillian