Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] wav0525@verizon.net is offline

Default Can Excel evaluate one cell and return the information in another?

On Mar 25, 9:00 am, "Sandy Mann" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

What if you have 12 months (Jan-dec) how do you pick the particular
month to show data for that month only?

I don't understand what you mean. Can you elaborate, In what form is the
Jan - Dec, where is the repated data?

--

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

with @tiscali.co.uk

wrote in message

oups.com...

On Mar 24, 6:15 am, "Sandy Mann" wrote:
John,

=IF(B2="June",A1,"")

If by chance B2 contains an Excel date then use:

=IF(MONTH(B2)=6,A1,"")

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

with @tiscali.co.uk

"John" wrote in message

I am trying to have excel evaluate one cell for a particular month and
return
the information found in a seperate cell if it is true. IE.

If B2 = "June", then return the information in A1 (which would be a
name
"Thompson"). Also if it does not say "June" then it leaves it blank.

Thompson
Capt I Blue
ER Due June

Thank you
John- Hide quoted text -

What if you have 12 months (Jan-dec) how do you pick the particular
month to show data for that month only?- Hide quoted text -

Waht I mean is , I keep track of 4 seperate totals by month for 15
locations Example: Cost of goods, net sales etc.. what I would like is
that when I imput those sepeate spreadsheets, I can choose from a drop
down list the month and then it will give me the info for those
different imputs in one spreadsheet by month..Hope that is clear