Gord Dibben

Go figure!!

Happy you're fixed up anyway.

Thanks for the feedback.

Gord

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 15:57:32 -0500, Doug Boufford
wrote:

Gord
I had tried that (twice) before posting but it didn't work. After your
post, I went back in & after 3 tries it now works fine. (Guess I wasn't
holding my tongue correctly) :)
Thanks for your help
Doug

Gord Dibben wrote:
Doug

If bracketed negatives are not available in FormatCellsNumber.....

This is a function of your Regional Settings in Windows OS.

StartSettingsControl PanelRegional and Language SettingsRegional
OptionsCustomizeCurrencyNegative Currency Format. Click on drop-down arrow
and select the ($1.1)

Apply and OKApply your way out.

You will have to close Excel then re-open to see effects.

You will then be able to choose that format.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:23:26 -0500, Doug Boufford
wrote:

Office 2000 - XP PRO
I recently switched my Excel to a new computer. On the old comp in
Number Format, there was a choice for -ve numbers to have brackets
around the number. Now all I see is 4 choices - 2 having - preceding in
black & 2 have - preceding in red. This was NOT a custom format but was
shown under Number.
Please advise.
TIA