Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
reneets reneets is offline

Default fill series

I am on a hunt to see what is chewing up my resources. I appreciate the help.

"RagDyeR" wrote:

Strange?!?

What version do you have?
Perhaps your WB is large and using a lot of resources.

On my XL02, new blank WB, I copied down the *entire* range in a *single*
pass.
Down to Row 9126 ! ! !

RD

"reneets" wrote in message
less than 100

"Ragdyer" wrote:

You've made me curious!

Approximately how many rows could you copy down before you received the
"error"message?

RD

"reneets" wrote in message
This works, however, I get a "selection to large" error. So I have to
do
this in smaller increments. I appreciate your help.

"RagDyeR" wrote:

Say datalist is on Sheet1.

You want first cell of data (A1) copied to, say B1 of new sheet.
Second cell of data (A2) copied to B10 of new sheet (8 empty rows

between 1
and 10).

Try this in B1 - (can be entered *anywhere*, not necessarily B1):

=INDEX(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$1014,ROWS($1:9)/9)

NOW ... select B1 *TO* B9 (with rows 2 to 9 empty).

Click on the fill handle of this *9 row selection*, and drag down as

needed.

--

HTH,

RD

"reneets" wrote in message
I have a worksheet tab that has 1014 rows of data numbered 1 - 1014 in
column
A. I need to create another tab (within the workbook) that will take

the
numbered row data from column A of the tab with the 1014 rows of data

and
inserting 8 rows between each number. What is the best way to

accomplish
this.