Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default I open a CSV file with excel, but the text is separate with co

When you open the CSV file in Notepad, what do you see as the list separator?

And (on the problem pc)...

There's a windows setting that could be different than what the CSV file uses.

Open up the regional settings applet under control panel

In winXP:
windows start button|settings|control panel|regional and language options
On the Regional Options tab
click the Customize button

On the numbers tab, check the list separator box. Make it match what's used in
the CSV file.

Be aware that this is a windows setting and can affect other programs.

Benjamin wrote:

How do I open a CSV into columns by default?

There's one PC in my office that does not convert the commas into columns.

All the other PCs will display columns instead of commas.

"Bryan Hessey" wrote:

Select Column A (that contains your text) and then select Data, Text to
Columns, Delimted, Comma, and Finish.

This should separate into Columns as per it's display.

August Wrote:
How can I see the text separate with column, not comma. When I open the
same
file with another computer, it is separate with column. It has
probably
something to do with my computer.

--
Bryan Hessey