Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Madduck Madduck is offline

Default Formula Help

I am creating a spreadsheet for scheduling I have most of the formulas using
=countif what I am trying to do is calculate a cell that lists 2 names for a
split shift i.e.

1st shift: Fred
2nd Shift: Fred/Roman or Fred Roman
3rd shift: Roman

At the end of the week the countif is counting the number of times each name
was found. The problem is having a shift like listed above is not being
calculated in any way for the 2nd shift. What I would like to do is have a
formula that woul see 2nd shift and add .5 to each end total instead of the
traditional 1 per occurance. I dont know if this is possible.

Any help would be appreciated

Kelly