Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jeff Reese Jeff Reese is offline

Default Make a chart axis visible/invisible with VBA

(I posted this in the Programming newsgroup but realized it was probably more
appropriate to post here...)

Hello.

I'm using Excel 2003. I have a chart on a page and I want to set the scale
on the Y axis programatically with VBA.

I have written code that does this successfully.

The problem: The code will not work if the Y axis is hidden (which I want)
- it throws an error saying it can't set the Maximum value.

Where I need help: I'm having trouble writing the code to make the Y axis
visible, then invisible again. The idea being that I'll display it, set the
scale, then hide it again.

I've looked around in the newsground and internet and I haven't been able to
find what I'm looking for.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

--