Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
silence13 silence13 is offline

Default Automatic data entry in alternate cells based on drop-down menu se

Hello. I am using Microsoft Excel 2003. I am trying to figure out how (or
if) I can get information to populate in multiple cells when choosing a
selection from a drop-down that is embedded in just one cell. For example:
the spreadsheet that I am working on has three different cells that I want
apply this function to-- 'Vendor Address,' 'Vendor Telephone,' 'Vendor
Account.' I have put a drop-down in the 'Vendor Address' cell so that I can
simply choose the appropriate vendor from a list. I would like my choice to
populate the correct information in the other two cells automatically-- if I
select 'ABC Vendor, 122 Main St, Anywhere' from my drop-down I would like the
telephone number and account number to automatically populate in the correct
cell. Can this be done? I realize I could just put all of the information
into one cell/one drop-down, but then I would have to modify the layout of
the company's spreadsheet and that would be... frowned upon! Any help is
most appreciated! Thank you.