Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CaroleO CaroleO is offline

Default Auto fill drop down stops at second cell

Excel 2003 SR1

I have two adjacent columns(V,W). V4 contains this formula:
=IF(AND($Q5="Y",$J40,$J4<3),"Y"," ") I can highlight V4, double click on
the +, and it will draw the formula down to the end of the data. (as does
columns T,U)

W4 contains this formula:
=IF(AND($Q3="Y",$J46),"Y",""). When I highlight W4, and double click on
the +, it stops at W5. Columns X,Y,Z also stop at row 5.

I've tried putting in a helper column in front of W, with a 1 in each cell,
but that doesn't work. I need these columns to extend the formula to the end
of the data. This is a template for 5 different length files, and I'm going
to record a macro to massage the data, but need this problem solved first.

TIA,

CaroleO