Robert Smith

Default Unlinked Chart Treats Time Axis As Value - Any Fix?

I have a series of charts in separate workbooks, all with a time
X-axis. For distribution, I copy just the charts - not the underlying
data - to a new workbook. All looks good until I come to open the new
workbook, when I find that the Y-axis has migrated from outside left
to inside right, and buggered up the alignment with a second chart on
the same sheet. When I look at the properties of the X-axis, I find
that it's no longer a time axis, but a value axis; and that, instead
of the Y-axis crossing at 8/1/2004, it now crosses at 27338 - even
though the X-axis is still formatted as a date.

I can't find any way to force Excel to treat the X-axis as a date, and
I can't figure a way to make my other charts put their Y-axis text
inside the chart on the left. If I could do either of these things, I
could make my two charts match up again. Any idea how to do this?

Ta

Robert Smith