Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dagostm dagostm is offline

Default Average Age of Population on a Specific Date

Thank you

"Harlan Grove" wrote:

dagostm wrote...
"Harlan Grove" wrote:
dagostm wrote...
Hello: I am trying to figure out the average age of a varying
population of employees on 40 specific days over a three year
period.

Is this retrospective, so you know who the employees are? If it's
prospective and since you provide no demographic information other
than the implicit 'working age', you're on your own.

It is retrospective. I have everyone's date of birth.

Then you only need to calculate their ages as of a given date (the
base date), then select the particular group of people as of some
particular date (D), calculate the average age of those people as of
the base date and add the period from the base date to D to get the
average age on the particular date.

Thank you