Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ken Ken is offline

Default Drop Down Lists and Auto Fill

Pete_UK, I've gotten confused. I dont have the spreadsheet vocabulary to
clearly express what my question is, so please bear with me.
I created a Table on Sheet 1. It has 4 columns. On Sheet 2 I created a drop
down list. The drop down list comes from Column A. On Sheet 2 when I select
an item from the drop down list, I want the information from columns b,c,and
d to fill next to the Item in the drop down list. Example:
SHEET 1
A B C D
Truck 40 40 120
SHEET 2

Dropdown fill fill fill
Truck 40 40 120
"Pete_UK" wrote:

You would normally use a VLOOKUP for this, something like:

=VLOOKUP(A1,table,2,0)

assuming A1 is where your drop-down is, "table" is a named range
covering your data (which may be in another sheet), and that the rate
you want is the second column of "table".

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Mar 21, 3:52 pm, Ken wrote:
I am trying to create a bid calculater. I have created a dropdown list of
equipment. Each piece of equipment has a rental rate and an operator rate.
How can I make it so when I select a piece of equipment from my drop down
list the rental rate is pulld too?