Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard is offline

Default Create initials from Full name

Hi Mike, that should work.

I thought about it a little more, and used text to columns, then Left, then
concatenate - very cumbersome!

I'll try your solution for the next lot of addresses

Charlotte

"Mike" wrote:

This works for 2 initials if they are seperated by a space or 2 names which i
guess wiould always be seperated bay a space. With the 2 forenames or
initials in B1 try

=UPPER(LEFT(B1,1)&" "&MID(B1,FIND(" ",B1&" ")+1,1))

Mike

"Charlotte Howard" wrote:

Hi, I have data that holds Surname in Column A and First_Name in Column B,
and I would like to return initials in Column C - so 'Betty Anne' becomes 'B
A' etc.
As you can see from some sample data below, not all entries have more than
one name, some have names & initials - I just need to be able to do a
mailshot to 'B A Neill' etc.
Thanks for any help,
Charlotte

SURNAME FIRST_NAME