Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gary Gary is offline

Default Weird Problem..hoping to find a solution

and yes you are right....kind of summary stats.

"Tyla" wrote in message
ups.com...
Gary,

I'm confused: Where does all this insertion take place? Same
spreadsheet, different spreadsheet? Can you describe the final data
layout you're looking for? Part of me is sensing you're wanting
summary statistics per name, but it reads like you just want do insert
a row for every row in the raw data. So what am I missing here?

/ Tyla /

On Mar 20, 4:14 pm, "Gary" wrote:
Hi All,

Here's what i am trying to accomplish.

On Sheet2 I have name of the person in column A, name of the queue he has
worked on in column B, time in column C and count in column D. It is
possible to have one name upto 11 times if that guy worked on all the
queues. on sheet1 I have just the names in column A. Now what I want
excel
to do is....

Lookup the name in sheet2, return the first queue he worked on in column
B,
If the name is repeated in Sheet2 then insert a row below and return the
second queue and so on. After this....look for a match of both, the name
and
the queue and return the time in Colum C and count in Column D.

it will be easier if we can somehow eliminate the 'Inserr Row' Part.

I tried my best to explain the problem.

Hoping to find a solution.

Thanks in advance
Gary