Dave Peterson

I'd make sure the template was in the correct folder.

Start excel
hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE
hit ctrl-g to see the immediate window
type this and hit enter:
?application.startuppath

For me (win98 and xl2002), I get this:

C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

I'd remove all the "extra" copies (more for my own sanity).

And is the appropriate button the New icon on the Standard toolbar?

Wazooli wrote:

I have been reading several posts concerning modifying the default template,
but I have as yet not gotten this to work. I have saved "book.xlt" to both
XLStart folders, and still, when I click the appropriate button, my
modifications are not present. I have become weary of constanly making the
same changes to formatting, etc..., and would like to have the equivalent of
Word's "normal.dot" . Any help is appreciated.

--

Dave Peterson