Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Niek Otten Niek Otten is offline

Default calculation time problem

Hi Dave,

How could we possibly say without knowing your formulas?
In general, large files/numbers of computations shouldn't make Excel crash (whatever you mean with "crash").

Post again with examples of your formulas, the version of Excel, memory and processor specs and what you see when Excel crashes.

In the meantime, check

www.decisionmodels.com

for many tips on speed and capacity problems.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel