Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default Seaching with no results

Not really an Excel question. Windows' search functionality is very limited.
I don't believe that it can search for text within documents, just file
names, etc. Either upgrade to Vista, get a Mac, or download Google desktop
and allow it to index your hard drive.

Dave

"Jean" wrote:

I am searching a small folder with 64 files for those with a specific a text
value, and am unable to get search results using Windows 2000 and Excel 2003
files. Why?

--
Jean