Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Lookup with offset

With your datalist going down, say 15 rows under the date row,
And you want to return the 2nd row,
Is this what you're looking for:

=INDEX(B7:F16,2,MATCH(LOOKUP(NOW(),B6:F6),B6:F6,0) )

You could easily assign a cell to contain the row number (of the datalist -
*not* the sheet row) that you're looking to return.
Sat you enter the row number to return into A1, then the formula looks like
this:

=INDEX(B7:F16,A1,MATCH(LOOKUP(NOW(),B6:F6),B6:F6,0 ))

--

HTH,

RD

"Mike K" wrote in message
Oh Wise Ones,

I have week ending dates in B6:F6. In F1 I have the formula
=LOOKUP(NOW(),B6:F6) which finds the correct date in D6. In G2 If I have
=OFFSET(D6,2,0) I get the value from D8- it works. Why doesn't
=LOOKUP(INDIRECT(F1),2,0) work. I get a REF error. I need to find the last
week ending date from that range and get the values from that column. Any
help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Mike