Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave F Dave F is offline

Default Forcast Function

Haven't you answered your own question here?

Dave

"Rodney M" wrote:

Hello All,
Background: I am trying to figure out how to project my sales numbers for
the year, given a few monthly entries. In Excel I can use the Forcast
function, but I am working in MS Access.

Question: Does anyone know how to break down the way that the Excel Forcast
function predicts it's next value given previous values?

Example: Jan - 2; Feb - 4; March - 6. The rest of the year's numbers should
project to....Apr - 8; May - 10; June - 12; July - 14 ...etc.

The equation for FORECAST is a+bx, whe
a = y - bx
AND
b = (sum(x-x)(y-y)/sum(x-x)^2)
AND
where x and y are the sameple means AVERAGE(known_x's) and AVERAGE(known_y's)

Thanks for any assistance

Rodney