Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default INDIRECT

Yes, =INDIRECT('C01_XXX'!C2) works fine for me, as does
=INDIRECT("'"&A1&"'!"&C2)
--
David Biddulph

"Agent Ting" wrote in message
Hi

Seeing that how promptly I'm replying this message, it shows that this is
really important. Nope, I can assure you that I have checked the spelling
and all. As a matter of fact, I urge everyone to try this function on a
blank workbook and tell me your findings. It's something I really can't
explain but it just wouldn't work with worksheet with names starting with
the
letter "C" and with a combination of numbers "01".

Anyone else please help?

Help appreciated!

Many many thanks.

"Arvi Laanemets" wrote:

Hi

Probably your string and sheet name don't match really. Maybe your sheet
name has some trailing spaces, or some space somewhere in it? Or you do
have
'O' instead of '0' ?

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )

"Agent Ting" wrote in message
I have written an indirect function in a cell which looks up to a
worksheet
naming "C01_XXX_YYY", but it didn't work. My colleague says INDIRECT
does
not work with worksheets starting with the letter "C". Is this true
and
how
do I overcome this problem?

Cheers,