Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Agent Ting Agent Ting is offline

Default INDIRECT

Sorry all. I apologise for the spamming. I left out the close inverted
commas.

Thanks Peo, it worked after all.

Cheers!

"Agent Ting" wrote:

Tried.

Still not working.

Anyone please?

Cheers,
Ting

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

It works but you need to pad the sheet name with '
so assume you have the text string C01_XXX in A1 and you want to return
what's in C2 in that sheet
then one way would be to use

=INDIRECT("'"&A1&"'!C2")

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
(Remove ^^ from email)

"Agent Ting" wrote in message
Hi again.

I have something to add on. I've experimented a couple of scenarios for
the
INDIRECT function, and here are the conclusions:

The function works if the following worksheet names are used:

1) Cat
2) C01
3) C_test

but does not work for the following:

1) C01_XXX

Could it be a combination of the Letter "C" and underscore?

Help me out here please!

Thank you very much.

"Agent Ting" wrote:

I have written an indirect function in a cell which looks up to a
worksheet
naming "C01_XXX_YYY", but it didn't work. My colleague says INDIRECT
does
not work with worksheets starting with the letter "C". Is this true and
how
do I overcome this problem?

Cheers,
Soo Ting