Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Agent Ting Agent Ting is offline

Default INDIRECT

Hi Bob,

Thank you, but I was not referring to closed workbooks. It's merely within
the same workbook, just different sheets. Can't understand why though. See
my later post as well please.

Thank you very much.

Cheers,
Agent Ting

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

INDIRECT doesn't work with closed workbooks.

You could try Harlan Grove's PULL function. You can get it
ftp://members.aol.com/hrlngrv/ (look for pull.zip)

You would use it like so

=pull("'"&A3&"\["&B3&".xls]"&C3&"'!"&"B5")

or

=pull("'"&A3&"\["&B3&".xls]"&C3&"'!B5")

Alternative

As for alternatives, try the INDIRECT.EXT function in Laurent Longre's
MOREFUNC.XLL add-in, available from

http://xcell05.free.fr/english/

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Agent Ting" wrote in message
I have written an indirect function in a cell which looks up to a worksheet
naming "C01_XXX_YYY", but it didn't work. My colleague says INDIRECT does
not work with worksheets starting with the letter "C". Is this true and
how
do I overcome this problem?

Cheers,
Soo Ting