Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Agent Ting Agent Ting is offline

Default INDIRECT

Hi again.

I have something to add on. I've experimented a couple of scenarios for the
INDIRECT function, and here are the conclusions:

The function works if the following worksheet names are used:

1) Cat
2) C01
3) C_test

but does not work for the following:

1) C01_XXX

Could it be a combination of the Letter "C" and underscore?

Help me out here please!

Thank you very much.

"Agent Ting" wrote:

I have written an indirect function in a cell which looks up to a worksheet
naming "C01_XXX_YYY", but it didn't work. My colleague says INDIRECT does
not work with worksheets starting with the letter "C". Is this true and how
do I overcome this problem?

Cheers,
Soo Ting