Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Luvsql Luvsql is offline

Default Removing carriage returns from excel

I have spent a good 8 hours on this over the last week and CANNOT figure this
out. I have exported all our contacts out of Outlook to excel and the
addresses and some other fields are being exported with the carriage return,
but you cannot see the symbol. If I export to tab delimited file, the ones
with the carriage return are being put into 2 to 3 separate lines and makes
importing impossible.

For example, when I click on a field it actually appears as

123 Street
Unit 4

So if it's exported to text, it messes up everything. I have tried every
formula I can possible try and downloaded an add-on to view code and it says
"cell has an apostrophe prefix" but cannot see that either.

I can't even import into access and try to export to text as it still
maintains this character somewhere.

Please can someone please tell me how to formute the cell as 123 Street Unit
4?