Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bbelly bbelly is offline

Default Merge vertically ?

bbelly wrote:
Dave Peterson wrote:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()
Dim myRng As Range
Dim myCol As Range
Set myRng = Selection For Each myCol In myRng.Columns
myCol.Merge
Next myCol
End Sub

Select your range first, then run the macro.

bbelly wrote:

The button "merge across" allows you to pick a group of cells, and
merges them along rows.

I need to pick a group of cells and have them merge in columns.

Perhaps someone has seen such a need, and has a code?

Thanks

Thanks ...

This is the answer to the question I was asking. I'll try it tomorrow.

Specifically, to pick a range, and have 'merge vertically' applied to
the lot, instead of picking two cells one on another, applying merge,
and repeating about 15 times for each affected row set.

Again, thank you

Please be advised that I applied this code to a button, works like a charm !

Thank You