Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default How do I sort an excel spreadsheet based off of subtotals?

Did you use Data|Subtotals to get the subtotals?

If you did, then you could use the outlining symbols on the left hand side to
hide the details.

After you do that, try sorting your data. You should see it change order--and
when you show the details, you'll see that it really works.

Amber wrote:

I am trying to sort my spreadsheet based off of the subtotal information that
I have just created. Is it possible to do this?

--

Dave Peterson