Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default Sorting and Matching criteria across rows to return a result in the last cell

This expression, array-entered as before in say: L1
=MIN(IF(($A$2:$A$100=G1)*($B$2:$B$100=H1)*($C$2:$C $100=I1)*($D$2:$D
$100=J1),$E$2:$E$100))

will return the minimum value from col E for all rows satisfying the
joint criteria:
($A$2:$A$100=G1)
($B$2:$B$100=H1)
($C$2:$C$100=I1)
($D$2:$D$100=J1)

--
Max
Singapore
wrote:
Thank you Max,
I don't really see how it works yet, but I'll get there. Now, how do I
still run the same formula but, instead of returning the adjacent cell,
it returns the lowest value that also matches the rest of the criteria?
Do I add a MIN point? How?

--
frankjh19701