Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default Master & Sub Worksheets?

Hi

In addition to Chuck's suggestion of using Autofilter, I use Advanced
Filter on occasions to do just what you are trying to do.
You can use Advanced Filter to extract data to another sheet, provided
you begin the Advanced Filter set up from the Destination sheet, not the
source (Master) sheet.

Debra Dalgleish has some excellent instruction on how to this on her
site, and some example files that can be downloaded. She also shows code
on how to automate the procedures.
http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#ExtractWs

If you download the following file, it will show you how to do just what
you require
http://www.contextures.com/AdvFilterRepFiltered.zip

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"idmnstr via OfficeKB.com" <u32471@uwe wrote in message
Chuck,

Thanks again. A macro might be the answer I am looking for if I have
copy/paste the rows.

There isn't any way to reference the first sheet from the second based
on a
range of values in a column on the first sheet? The problem is that
the
coulmn is the same but not always the same rows.