Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Andy T Andy T is offline

Default replacing contents of a cell with data froma list/file

Hi

I guess most things can be done but what I need to know is urgent and
I hope someone may be able to assist quickly,

I have a speard sheet with a grid listing on it with names like
Midlands 1 midlands 2 Southwest 1 and soutwest 2 etc etc

What I would like is a quick method of replacing these cells of data
with real names.

e.g all occurances of Midlands 1 replaced with Fred Smith

Midlands 2 replaced with joe brown etc etc

rather like mail merge in word.

I know I can do simple find and replace but its rather time consuming!

Thanks in advance

Regards Andy T

--
For users by users - BY-users group