Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
CLR CLR is offline

Default Master & Sub Worksheets?

Try to do an Tutofilter on your master sheet. Then highlight the entire
range of cells from the first cell below your header row in column A all the
way down and across to the right as far as you have visible data. Ignore
the row numbers. then do Copy and Paste this data to your second
sheet.....then on that sheet you will only have the data represented by the
Autofilter done on the master sheet, not including the rows between. Then
do the same thing for another setting of the Autofilter, and copy and paste
it to another sheet, etc etc........then all those sheets will only contain
the data represented by their unique Autofilter settings........then you can
do routine analysis with formulas or Pivot tables etc on each sheet and you
will only be dealing with THAT data, not the entire database..........

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"idmnstr via OfficeKB.com" <u32471@uwe wrote in message
Chuck,

Thanks again. A macro might be the answer I am looking for if I have to
copy/paste the rows.

There isn't any way to reference the first sheet from the second based on

range of values in a column on the first sheet? The problem is that the
coulmn is the same but not always the same rows.