Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DavidS DavidS is offline

Default Determining when calculation has completed

The formula is a dll file that has a proprietary algorithm so I don't know
what its doing. I do know it uses 30 columns in Excel and its calculation is
based over 40 previous readings. Another reading comes into Excel every 5
minutes and an output is calculated. The output is sent to a program that
plots this data with other data. I have some control over the program that
plots the data but I can't ask it to wait for 20 seconds before it reads the
output in Excel. I could ask it to read Excel based upon a flag or
condition. I'm trying to find this i.e. something that says Excel processing
is complete and therefore calculation relates to the last 5 minute reading.
Without this, the chart program just reads Excel when the 5 minute data is
sent to Excel so it picks up the last calculation. I hope this makes sense.
Thanks, David

"Roger Govier" wrote in message
Hi David

What is the formula that is taking so long to calculate?

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"DavidS" wrote in message
Hello, I have a calculation that can take about 20 seconds to complete. I
then need to use the answer as an input to another program outside of
Excel. The problem I have is knowing when the calculation has finished so
I know I'm reading the most recent answer. Ideally, I'd like to set a
value in a cell that I can test so I know the last calculation is
complete. Is this possible or is there a better way. Thank you for your
help. David