JulieD

Hi Tushar

i subscribe to that group but can't see Christopher's post there so i
thought that there must be another group (although i know i don't see all
posts for some reason)

Cheers
JulieD

"Tushar Mehta" wrote in message
The newsgroup is microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...
Hi Frank

thanks for this, i can't get that group using msnews.microsoft.com :(

Cheers
JulieD

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message
Hi
Excel.worksheetfunctions

But the solution was not really a solution:
- you could gain some performance improvement by using the '--'
notation (approx. 5%)
- I'd better use a pivot table for this

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"JulieD" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hi Frank

i'm interested in this but can't find Christopher's other post ..what
group
was it in?

Cheers
JulieD

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message
Hi
see your other post

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Christopher Kennedy" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
oups.com...
Hi,

I have a sheet with many sumproducts and it takes forever to
recalculate.

Here is the basic idea, I want to calculate the number of KGS and
Dollars for each company in my list. There are dozens of
companies
and
the bank of sales they are looking at has 5000 rows.

both of the calculations are essentially the same except for the
final
column to sum, is there a way to check the conditions I have once,
then
use that calculation for both the final sums?

here is an example of the formula for KGS:
=SUMPRODUCT(('Total Pole Sales'!$C$2:$C$5412=$A$1)*('Total Pole
Sales'!$J$2:$J$5412=2004)*('Total Pole
Sales'!$E$2:$E$5412='Summary
Table'!C2)*('Total Pole Sales'!G$2:G$5412))

FOR REV: =SUMPRODUCT(('Total Pole
Sales'!$C$2:$C$5412=$A$1)*('Total
Pole Sales'!$J$2:$J$5412=2004)*('Total Pole
Sales'!$E$2:$E$5412='Summary Table'!C2)*('Total Pole
Sales'!H$2:H$5412))

As you can see, they are the same except for the final argument.
Any suggestions?

thanks!